This essay will introduce you to some of the best apps for learning dutch; they teach everything, from vocabulary and grammar to pronunciation and comprehension.
They even cover pronunciation. You’ll be astonished at how quickly you’ll be able to carry on a conversation in Dutch if you use these!
There are some reasons why it is beneficial to learn Dutch. You will be astonished at how many doors open for you once you can speak the language, whether you are learning it for travel, business, or other personal reasons.
In addition, learning Dutch is beneficial since it serves as an excellent stepping stone to learning other languages, such as German and Afrikaans.
List of Best Apps for Learning Dutch
Memrise is another fantastic program that may provide you with courses in Dutch. It is one of the best apps for learning dutch because the words and phrases you will learn are hand-picked by people fluent in the target language.
This implies that you will study things the natives use in their daily lives. The program also includes hundreds of videos featuring native speakers, which can assist you with pronouncing words.
The official Dutch 1-7 courses offered by Memrise place emphasis on conversational Dutch. You won’t just learn how to introduce yourself; you’ll also learn how to buy, order food at a restaurant, and tell jokes.
In addition, users have created some courses that assist in more specialized topics like food, music, and Dutch sayings.
Why You Ought to Give Memrise a Shot:
- Lessons that aim at bolstering your self-assurance in public speaking.
- Acquire a working knowledge of Dutch vocabulary.
- There is a wide variety of cards and courses available for players of varying ability levels.
- Pricing: The vast majority of features are free. Memrise Pro has a starting price of $7.50 each month.
Another excellent software for learning Dutch is DutchPod101 by Innovative Language, which is particularly useful if your objective is to expand your vocabulary and improve your ability to hold natural conversations in Dutch.
This software has hundreds of audio and video courses taught by genuine Dutch teachers and teaches the Dutch language.
All skill levels, from novice to advanced, are covered in the lessons. In addition, you will always have access to new material to study because of Innovative Language’s commitment to developing new lessons for all of its language programs.
You may learn Dutch at your own pace and in your own time with DutchPod101’s audio and video sessions, which range from three to fifteen minutes in length.
In addition, you can learn even when you need internet access by downloading the lessons and easily transitioning between devices.
Why You Ought to Give Dutchpod101 a Shot:
- Lessons in both audio and video format help improve listening and public speaking abilities.
- Massive repository of lessons in Dutch, suitable for learners of all levels.
- Offline access, as well as simple synchronization between all of your devices.
- Pricing: There is no charge for some of the features. Access for paying customers starts at $7.99 per month.
3. LinGo Play
LinGo Play is the program for you if you enjoy learning a language using flashcards, competing in online tournaments, and taking hundreds of short courses.
Compared to most of the other apps on this list, LinGo Play is one of the more recent releases. However, it already supports more than 30 languages across its mobile and desktop applications.
Moreover, the app’s name gives away the fact that it teaches Dutch through games appropriate for learners of all skill levels, from novice to experienced.
LinGo Play organizes its activities into many categories or subjects. These lessons will teach you some basic Dutch vocabulary and grammar.
Before going on to more difficult sentences and conversations, beginners might begin by gaining familiarity with new vocabulary and fundamental ideas of grammar. Directly beginning with online single-player or multi-player games is an option for learners with intermediate to advanced skill levels.
Why You Ought to Give LingGo Play a Shot:
- Learn through games or flashcards, depending on your preference.
- Engaging online games
- Great premium features such as statistics, access to all lessons, and certificates.
- Pricing: The app offers free demonstration courses for new users. If you purchase the premium edition, which starts at $19.99, you can unlock all of the features and receive a certificate.
The Learn Dutch course offered by FunEasyLearn is popular among the best apps for learning dutch that is available in an online format.
What you receive is as follows: 11,000 pictures that will stay in your memory, 6,000 Dutch words, 5,000 Dutch phrases, and 300,000 high-quality audio recordings made by native Dutch speakers.
FunEasyLearn can teach Dutch by utilizing various educational games and activities that span various difficulty levels.
The premium subscription provides access to the entire library of lessons, in addition to a review manager and learning statistics.
You also need not learn Dutch from English to utilize this program because it supports 61 different mother tongues.
In addition to its extensive database of frequently used Dutch terms and phrases, FunEasyLearn offers courses on Dutch for the workplace, international travel, and children.
Why You Should Give FunEasyLearn a Shot if You Want to Learn Dutch:
- Comprehensive Dutch class offering a wide range of learning materials to choose from
- Beneficial for Acquiring Useful Practical Dutch Vocabulary Learn Polish Anywhere and Anytime Offline and Online
- Instructional programs tailored specifically for business, tourism, and children
- Free is the price. Users can acquire a premium subscription for a starting price of $2.99 per month.
The Clozemaster app is one of the best apps for learning dutch if you’ve already completed the beginner levels.
There are no single-word flashcards, and you cannot make wild guesses. Instead, it provides you with a sentence in which one of the words is missing. Identifying and using the appropriate Dutch word based on the context takes time and effort.
If you find that challenging, the software is for intermediate and advanced students who wish to achieve fluency in less time.
The website even promotes itself as an excellent choice for advanced learners who have finished the Duolingo Dutch course for novices.
Using Clozemaster, students can study and practice frequent Dutch words. Additionally, it is an excellent method for identifying weak spots in one’s vocabulary and working to improve them.
Finally, you can practice your active recall by playing text input games or your passive memory by taking quizzes with multiple-choice questions.
Why You Ought to Give Clozemaster a Try:
- Achieving fluency in Dutch can be accomplished in a demanding and interesting manner.
- Acquire an Advanced Level of Dutch Vocabulary Perfect for Learning in Context
- Pricing: you can use certain functions without spending a dime, but if you want access to sophisticated tools and statistics, you’ll need to upgrade to Clozemaster Pro, which starts at $8 per month.
A wide variety of languages, such as Dutch, can be learned through a flashcard application called DuoCards. It is one of the most effective strategies to broaden your vocabulary in Dutch.
You can learn the Dutch language from DuoCards very simply and largely self-explanatory. First, you swipe the deck and classify the cards into known and unknown categories.
The software will then employ a technique known as spaced repetition, during which it will ask you to recall previously taught terms.
You can personalize your deck or study from other people’s shared decks when using DuoCards.
You can even view films on YouTube with subtitles to gain knowledge from them or read articles written in Dutch. A clutter-free, basic, and aesthetically pleasing layout are all benefits that come with using DuoCards.
Why You Ought to Give DuoCards a Shot:
- First, you can use the tried-and-true SRS approach to learn Dutch vocabulary.
- In addition, you have access to a selection of different flashcard decks and the option to make your own.
- A straightforward, user-friendly, and hassle-free approach to learning Dutch Pricing: Free, with optional in-app purchases available.
7. Rosetta Stone
Rosetta Stone is one of the famous language-learning platforms, and its mobile app is no doubt one of the best apps for learning dutch.
You may acquire the fundamentals of the Dutch language and build your vocabulary in an organized fashion by using this software, which has won multiple awards.
Moreover, it guarantees that by the time you finish the course, you will be able to communicate in Dutch with self-assurance.
One of its many appealing features is that you may begin the Rosetta Stone Dutch course with something as fundamental as the alphabet.
Without a doubt, the Dutch alphabet has the same 26 letters that the English alphabet does. However, there is an additional letter, and several letters do not have the same sound as their English counterparts.
If you already have some experience with Dutch, you can jump in with any lesson you feel most comfortable with.
Rosetta Stone can tailor a teaching strategy to your educational objectives. Lessons usually last about ten minutes, and you can complete them even when you’re offline.
Why You Ought to Give Rosetta Stone a Shot:
- A method that has stood the test of time and is well-known for teaching specific courses and features for Dutch speakers.
- Exercises covering a wide range of topics allow students to practice their Dutch.
- Pricing begins at $7.99 per month when purchased for a full year. This is the most recent advertisement for Rosetta Stone.
Total immersion is one of the most effective ways to become fluent in a language. Speaking with people who are native Dutch speakers is the most effective way to engross yourself in the Dutch language.
The good news is that you won’t have to pay anything to do that with HelloTalk. HelloTalk is an app that allows users to learn a new language while interacting with their social network.
For example, you can learn a language such as Dutch by conversing with people who are fluent in that language. At the same time, you can teach your language partner the language you already know.
Because there are more than 30 million members on the platform, it will be easy to locate someone who can teach you Dutch.
In addition, you can communicate with native speakers through doodles, text, audio, phone, and video calls. You can even use voice calls.
In addition, it provides cutting-edge technologies such as an integrated translation function, pronunciation and transliteration assistance, and corrections.
As a result, HelloTalk is one of the best apps for learning dutch that will give you overall development in learning the Dutch language.
Why You Ought to Give HelloTalk a Shot:
- Dutch study is even more enjoyable thanks to collaborative and social learning.
- Engaging in conversation with and gaining knowledge from native Dutch speakers
- Obtaining knowledge of Dutch culture from Dutch people themselves
- Moment features that allow you to publish updates and inquiries for other users who speak native Dutch to view.
- Pricing is free, but you can make in-app purchases to unlock additional features, such as the ability to add more than one language and an interface without advertisements.
LingQ uses a method called virtual immersion to teach Dutch. It is up if you want to learn Dutch through reading, watching videos, or listening to audio recordings.
You will always have access to quality educational resources when you use LingQ’s extensive selection of Dutch content.
You can learn languages by listening to LingQ’s thousands of audio courses, each with a corresponding transcript.
Even better, you may import your very own content and immediately convert it into interactive Dutch lessons. You will be able to study Dutch from resources that truly pique your interest in this way.
LingQ not only trains your hearing and helps you speak with more confidence, but it also provides many grammatical guides, dictionaries, and translations, and it has an encouraging community.
You can sign up to participate in live conversations, get feedback on your work, or connect with other people who are also learning.
Why You Ought to Give LingQ a Shot:
- Learning Dutch in its proper setting
- Improving one’s abilities in the areas of reading, writing, speaking, and listening
- A massive audio and video library is available to you anytime and anywhere.
- Pricing: Free versions of the app with restricted functionality are available. Prices for premium plans begin at $7.99 per month.
Furthermore, One of the best apps for learning dutch is the Babbel app, developed by native Dutch speakers.
There are more than 40 Dutch classes on this platform, and together they cover 2,000 Dutch words and more than 200 essential sentences.
The courses are very user-friendly and assist you in practicing and improving your listening, speaking, and writing skills in Dutch.
Other classes focus on the Dutch language’s grammatical structure, pronunciation, traditions, and vocabulary that are useful in everyday life and the workplace.
The fact that Babbel teaches real-world vocabulary, as well as grammar, is one of its many strengths. This means you will learn words that locals use in daily conversations.
And you’ll have no trouble remembering what you’ve learned if you refresh it using various methods, such as flashcards and listening, speaking, or writing exercises.
Why You Really Should Give Babbel a Shot:
- Lessons in the culture of the Netherlands and their practical application
- Learning route that is guided and based on your current skill level or learning goals
- Methods that are both varied and participatory for learning Dutch grammar and vocabulary, as well as building abilities in conversation
- Lessons that are concise and pleasant, lasting ten to fifteen minutes each.
- Pricing: The monthly rate for a plan is $12.95, or you can purchase a 12-month subscription for $6.95 each month. Now give it a shot.
Mondly is perfect if you want to learn Dutch through games and immediately begin communicating in the target language.
One of the best apps for learning dutch is Mondly, which incorporates a wide range of instructional materials, including immersive practice opportunities.
Currently, the software is compatible with 41 languages, including Dutch. So you don’t have to start by learning Dutch from the English language; instead, you can begin learning from your mother tongue or any other language you find interesting.
You may learn Dutch with Mondly by completing quick lessons daily. It is similar to a game; the only way to move on to the next level is if you complete the first level.
In addition, this software features vocabulary tests and challenges, audio guides, and chatbot chats to help expand vocabulary.
The remarkable aspect of the functionality that enables chatbot interactions is that it enables you to record your response as an alternative to simply typing one. In addition to that, voice recognition works well.
Why You Ought to Give Mondly a Shot:
- There are a variety of engaging approaches to learning Dutch.
- Lessons in Dutch that are condensed but nevertheless interesting
- Lots of different features to hold your interest and keep you going. If you are currently studying Dutch from other sources, this book is an excellent extra tool for you to use.
- Pricing: The free version offers less functionality than the paid versions. You can subscribe for $9.99 monthly or $47.99 for the entire year to access all the content. You can find a discount here.
If you want to speak Dutch as soon as possible, Pimsleur is among many of the best apps for learning dutch if that is your goal.
This is because Pimsleur employs a tried-and-true method known as SRS (spaced repetition system), an audio-based method that enables you to learn Dutch words and phrases at increasing intervals.
As a result, you improve your ability to remember larger strings of words with each passing time.
The main audio lessons that make up the Pimsleur Dutch course are each 30 minutes long, and you can reinforce them with flashcards, quizzes, and other additional learning tools.
You will also learn how to read while enunciating words and pronouncing phrases correctly.
Why You Ought to Give Pimsleur a Shot:
- A method that is well-established and easy to use for learning Dutch.
- Vocabulary in practical Dutch that you can put to use in a variety of scenarios
- Learn Dutch in a hurry and while you’re on the move.
- Pricing: The Audio-Only Pimsleur subscription is $14.95 per month, while the Premium Pimsleur subscription costs $19.95 per month and includes bonus materials. The All Access Pimsleur subscription costs $20.95 per month.
Speaking the language is the most effective method for learning any language, which also holds for Dutch. So this is exactly what you will do while using Italki as your platform.
Italki is an app for learning languages that links students with tutors from the community and professionals. It is one of the finest applications for learning Dutch since you will be studying with native Dutch speakers.
These teachers will not only teach you Dutch grammar and vocabulary, but they will also get you to speak the language.
Italki is home to approximately one hundred native Dutch and Flemish language instructors. Some teachers focus on teaching children, and others are just starting in the language, while others cater to people who want to learn Dutch for reasons such as tourism or business.
Depending on your instructor, you might learn via reading materials, making presentations, using flashcards, watching videos, or listening to audio recordings.
Most teachers deliver their lessons over Skype, although some also use other platforms, such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams. You are free to learn at your own pace, on your own time, and within your financial means.
Why You Really Should Give Italki a Shot:
- Coaching in the areas of speaking, listening, and writing, as well as criticism provided by native Dutch speakers
- Lessons that align with your time and money constraints.
- Personalized instruction catered to your desired academic outcomes
- Pricing is dependent on the individual teachers. Find a Dutch teacher as soon as possible.
Drops are one of the best apps for learning dutch that is available for Dutch language study. The app’s gorgeous appearance is sufficient justification for downloading it.
However, the benefits of using Drops are not limited to their appearance. Additionally, it is one of the quickest ways to learn the Dutch language.
You may learn to read and speak Dutch with beautifully illustrated, immersive, and fun courses; all it takes is five minutes a day of your time.
Over 2,000 Dutch words, each of which is associated with an image that is easy to recall, are taught by Drops. It is not necessary to type. To play the game, you must drag the word to the artwork that best describes it and vice versa.
Even while you won’t be able to improve your Dutch grammar through this activity, it is a fun method to expand your vocabulary and exercise listening skills.
Why You Ought to Give Drops a Shot:
- In the form of an engaging and graphically appealing game, you can study Dutch.
- An efficient method for picking up new Dutch words and phrases.
- Excellent review material for learners at the intermediate and advanced levels
- Pricing: The free edition offers only five minutes of playtime and contains advertisements. You can get the premium plan, which starts at $2.99 per month, to remove ads from your classes and access limitless learning time. Give this a shot.
On Duolingo, there are approximately 1.49 million Dutch language students. It is not surprising given that Duolingo is one of the programs that makes learning Dutch the most convenient and enjoyable.
Since the company’s beginning, Duolingo has prioritized making language learning easy and enjoyable for its users.
You can begin studying at any level (although the exercises are best suited for beginners), receive prompt feedback, and make rapid progress because the layout is gamified. Additionally, the app keeps you motivated by providing you with rewards.
The bite-sized lessons offered by Duolingo concentrate on teaching Dutch vocabulary and fundamental grammar.
Those already studying Dutch through Dutch textbooks or online courses will find this an extremely helpful extra tool. Consistent practice will help you attain the intermediate level, even when you still need to be according to standards.
If you’re a beginner in learning Dutch, use Duolingo, one of the best apps for learning dutch, to kick start your learning journey.
Why You Ought to Give Duolingo a Shot:
- You are encouraged to continue your education in the gamified environment.
- Spend as little as five minutes each day learning Dutch.
- Almost all access is provided through the free app.
- Assists in refreshing previously acquired Dutch knowledge Price: Free to use. You can purchase Duolingo Plus for a monthly fee of $6.99 if you wish to remove ads from the app, use it offline, and make unlimited mistakes.
Progress toward fluency in Dutch is a process that includes both exciting and frustrating moments. However, you can learn to converse rapidly if you put in the time and effort.
Using the best apps for learning dutch will aid you in your studies and assist you in making up for any gaps in your knowledge that could have been left by more conventional means of learning. Even better, they’ll make sure to keep the party lighthearted!
We hope you find a few useful tools for learning Dutch here. Try out a few different ones—most of them include free content or trial periods—to see which one you enjoy best.