Everyone knows about the existence of Android, iOS and Windows. These are, without a doubt, the most popular operating systems in this innovative world of smart technology. However, there are a few others.
The phone’s operating system provides the basic functionality of your smartphone. That is why you need to know the operating system of the phone you are going to buy.
When you choose the best smartphone with the best operating system for yourself, you can enjoy it all on your phone. Moreover, you can navigate all the functions of the phone and get the most out of it.
When you want to purchase a smartphone, it is advisable to know which operating system it offers. Since there are several of these operating systems, you can choose what you need. It would be best if you read a few reviews to find out which features will help you a lot. Also, know which devices are currently using them.
Tizen is one of the operating systems we may not know we use at home.
In this write-up, we will discuss in more detail this operating system, its development, its features and all you need to know.
Table of Contents
- What is Tizen OS?
- History of the Tizen OS
- Development of the Tizen OS
- Devices Compatible and Supported by Tizen OS
- Features of the Tizen OS
- Tizen OS: Benefits
- Tizen OS: Cons
What is Tizen OS?
Tizen OS is a Linux-based operating system supported by the Linux Foundation. Nokia and Intel developed the Tizen OS, but the Finnish phone maker abandoned it. However, when it switched to Samsung Electronics, Tizen OS was mainly used.
Also, it is a flexible and open operating system developed by the developer community. Because it is open, it is available to all members who wish to use it. Additionally, developers are free to use, develop, and develop use cases.
Also, it is a multi-valued operating system. It is a basic operating system that comes in several profiles, depending on the device used and which meets different industry requirements.
History of the Tizen OS
Tizen OS has been in existence for a while. Initially, Tizen OS was seen as a mobile platform based on HTML5. Tizen offers application developers the ability to extend the system to new smart devices running on Tizen. They include portable devices, TVs, DVRs, cars, appliances, and game consoles.
Tizen is a stable name. It matches the scope and potential of this new open-source operating system. Tizen means Tizengram. It is a combination of the words “tie” for connection, “rise” for activity and “Zen” for its meditative qualities. Tizen OS represents an operating system that will not only work for you but also allow easy access to your mobile phone.
The Tizen OS is similar to Android. Moreover, the reason for its development is competition with Android and iOS. Since the source is open, its applications can still be compatible with other operating systems.
However, compared to Android, Tizen has a faster startup and is lightweight.
Development of the Tizen OS
Systena shipped this tablet in October 2013. It is the first device to use Samsung’s Tizen operating system. It is not intended to hit stores, but for developers to build and refine apps for the Tizen platform.
However, this tablet provides a wide range of features. It provides powerful specifications that almost match the most robust Android tablets available on the market today.
Gear 2 Smartwatch
Samsung launched it in 2014 and used the Tizen OS as a competitor to Android. Provides improved design, better notifications, heart rate monitor, and basic activity tracking. It comes in an excellent selection of different materials. It is also waterproof.
Qt for Tizen
This is the community port of Qt for Tizen and was released in May 2013. It contains a simplified framework for multiple platforms and a framework for user interface development. This community offered the original Tizen search and usability for smartphones and worked with the Tizen emulator.
Samsung Connect Auto
Samsung announced it on February 21, 2016. It connects directly to the OBD II port under the steering wheel of the car.
It provides Wi-Fi to keep passengers bound while travelling. Also, use real-time alerts. This helps users to improve their driving behaviour, including better fuel efficiency.
Samsung Connect Auto is very compatible with Tizen OS and is protected by Samsung’s Knox solution.
Devices Compatible and Supported by Tizen OS
Tizen offers innovative applications and operating systems. Like this, consumers will be able to access various devices seamlessly.
- The Samsung Z1 is the first smartphone created by Samsung Electronics to use the Tizen OS. The UI design is primarily aimed at consumers who wanted to switch from important phones to smartphones.
- The Samsung Z3 is the second smartphone that Samsung Electronics has created to use the Tizen operating system. Its user interface is similar to the Samsung Z1.
- The Samsung Z2 is the first 4G smartphone powered by Tizen technology and is pre-integrated with Jio services. The user interface is straightforward and user-friendly and provides faster and smoother device performance. It has a unique “ultra power saving mode”, which allows the device to operate even with a minimum battery level.
- The Samsung Z4 is the fourth smartphone that Samsung Electronics has created to use Tizen 3.0, a new version of the Tizen OS.
- Samsung’s Smart TV is one of the most comprehensive on the market. Its functionality is based on the Tizen operating system. A vital feature of this Smart TV is the Smart Hub screen interface.
- The NX300M smart camera is the initial consumer product based on the Tizen OS created by Samsung Electronics. The same. Samsung has NX1 and NX300.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
- Samsung Gear Sport
- Samsung galaxy gear
- Samsung Gear S
- Samsung Gear S2
- Samsung Gear S3
- Samsung Gear 2
- Samsung Gear Fit 2
- Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro
Features of the Tizen OS
Many companies are extending support for the Tizen OS. Today, this operating system seems to be much more attractive to challenge Google Android.
In addition to that, let’s take a look at some of the many features that Tizen OS offers.
- It is an open-source. Additionally, mobile app and software developers can make changes to the user interface if they want it to be unique.
- Tizen is an HTML5 based operating system. It is ideal for content creators because it allows for shorter development cycles and lower costs for building mobile applications. Moreover, the applications developed with this operating system are compatible and can be used with Android and iOS with little or no cost.
- It has a TouchWiz layer for ease of use.
- Tizen OS provides a consistent user experience across a variety of devices such as smart TVs, computers, smart cameras, smartwatches, printers, smartphones, tablets, and smart devices. This means that it is not only optimized for smartphones.
- Tizen supports Intel. Intel will help Samsung to update the Tizen operating system platform continuously.
- Tizen supports basic touch gestures.
- This operating system offers the possibility of displaying from several windows. Users can work in a full window or mini window.
- Samsung offers easily accessible Tizen apps.
Tizen OS: Benefits
- Supports touch gestures and multitasking.
- Quick access to settings
- Tizen OS is lightweight.
- Tizen offers improved scrolling.
- It offers 3D window effect to support apps and games that require advanced 3D graphics.
- Its billing icons are manageable. It can be collapsed to show more or less information.
- Customizable user interface
- Low battery consumption
- Top automobile brands support Tizen OS.
- Its design is similar to that of Android.
Tizen OS: Cons
- Less application availability
- Device performance is not maximized.
Tizen has already shown its ability to innovate. There is a lot to offer not only smartphones but also various devices. These devices include portable devices, televisions, DVRs, cars, home appliances, and game consoles, to name a few.
Samsung can deliver what consumers want. They have succeeded in providing useful products to consumers. You can always adapt to change for the better. Also, their products are getting better and better over time.
With Tizen OS, we can expect more. We can get the best that we hope not only from our smartphones but also from the devices we use at home.
There is no doubt that the Tizen OS can make a difference. Although it is not the most widely used operating system, it has already proven its worth.